[nafex] Sops of Wine

Judson Frisk jlfrisk at iowatelecom.net
Tue Jan 31 10:11:05 EST 2012

Apples of New York by Beach recommended "Swaar"  as a great apple.  I grew
it here in SW Iowa (zone 5) and it was a terrible apple with no flavor.  It
would hang on the tree all winter and the birds wouldn't even eat it.  One
thing I love about old fashioned apples are the way that the region that
they are grown makes such a difference.  Here it seems most summer apples
are tasteless if we get our usual summer heat but the later fall apples like
Chieftain and Golden Russet do well.  Judson L. Frisk