[nafex] Sops of Wine

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 20:29:14 EST 2012

Dear Group,

Gene Wild active NAFEX member for years has a collection of around 800
apple varieties. I asked him if he had Sops of Wine. Here was his reply:

I have Sops of Wine, however I would not recommend it. Maybe it is an
apple for a colder climate. It has never had any red coloring inside,
and has a nondescript flavor. Ken Dooley [deceased member of NAFEX] and I
agreed it was our poorest heirloom. I can supply cuttings if you like.

There is a source of scions if anyone still wants.

Jerry