[nafex] Gold Rush

Melissa Kacalanos mijwiz at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 08:22:21 EST 2012

We subscribed to an organic fruit CSA last year, which included many different apples. Almost all of them had some sort of flaw that would have gotten them thrown out of a supermarket: bugs, botches, etc. But 'Goldrush' was flawless. Now that they've had time to mature in the fridge, they're starting to get tasty, too. I'd sworn I wouldn't plant apples because they were too much trouble, but 'Goldrush' is tempting.

The most delicious apple in our CSA share was 'Keepsake' which was as bug-free as 'Goldrush' but covered with sooty blotch. Wonderfully aromatic and sweet, though.

Melissa
zone 5, central NY