[nafex] Angle of the Sun at Different Latitudes

Betty Mayfield bmayfield at opusnet.com
Sun Jan 29 00:39:40 EST 2012

To the list,
Interesting answers to this question, but it brought up something surprising I read a few years ago. It said that south of the equator, New Zealand for example, the sun rose on the right and moved across the northern sky from right to left. The article said tender crops were planted on the sunny northern slopes.
I suppose if you study a flashlight and a globe, you can duplicate this, but I wondered why it wasn't talked about. One would think that during World War II when so many servicemen were in the South Pacific, there would have been letters home, "Hey, Mom. The sun is in the strangest place down here." So the angle of sun's height would be measured by south latitudes.
Betty Mayfield
northwest Oregon