[nafex] Raspberry Production

david liezen chandos49 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:24:16 EST 2012

Megan,An old colleague gave me some extras when he thinned his thornless raspberries about 10 years ago. They did OK in my poor, sandy soil until I put shavings and duck manure dug out of their shed around the canes for mulch before winter three years ago. I do that at least once annually now and last year got the best crop so far.They grow up anywhere within 12 feet of original planting, so I have plenty to dig and give a buddy this spring. Otherwise, they'd overgrow the apple grafting bed and the iris patch.Dave Liezen, Spokane WA zone 5/6 where drought finally broke about a week ago