[nafex] Raspberry Production

Spidra Webster spidra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:13:32 EST 2012

I've grown raspberries for about 7 years now. Most of those were in a
raised bed in Berkeley, but now I'm having to grow them in large
containers. Anyway, production has always been a big light for my taste.
When they were in a raised bed, I had to add sulfur every once in a while
to adjust pH or they'd get an iron deficiency. They're now growing in the
best composted soil I can afford. Still need to supplement with sulfur this
year, I think. I fertilize them occasionally, when I can afford to.  What
are folks' tips for getting bumper raspberry production?

I'm growing a variety called 'Else's Choice', an heirloom selection
collected in Sebastopol, CA.

Megan Lynch
http://www.meganlynch.net

http://www.myfolia.com/gardener/spidra/invite