[nafex] Gold Rush

Nate Steele D.C. yeehaw502 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 02:35:51 EST 2012

It's also a shame that my Gold Rush isn't able to finish ripening in my temperate Pacific Maritime climate.  :-(  The tree has great vigor and heavy production but the apples hang on the tree until the first good freeze when they begin to rot. They never develop much flavor or size.  Still they were far enough along to go in the cider press and I let them sit for a day after grinding to help convert a few more starches to sugars before pressing.  Turned out pretty good!

Nate
Whidbey Island, Washington