[nafex] lilies of the valley

nottke1 nottke1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 25 08:38:54 EST 2012

Jerry,
Our Lillies of the Valley have grown well for many years on the north side of the base of a huge Southern Red Oak (4.5 ft diam).  Never watered or fertiized, standard red clay.  In a wet summer they stray around to the east and west sides of the tree, but in a typical dry summer they retreat to a large triangular patch on the north side.  They bloom well every Spring.
Jim Nottke, west of Winston-Salem