[nafex] Gold Rush

mark wessel growyourown at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 24 20:59:05 EST 2012

Every year I buy a box of Gold Rush apples at a local produce market that sources them from an almost local orchard. This years were purchased about a week before thanksgiving.
At the time of purchase the apples were so intensely sweet and intensely sour and extremely crunchy, that they were nearly inedible. I could only finish half an apple. I was a bit bummed, but I knew they would transform into the apple I love. They have transformed. Gold Rush is an amazing apple. An incredible balance of Sweet, Acid and Flavor with great texture. Not only that, they store very well. My supply should hold out till April. Then my thoughts will turn to berries.  It is a shame that it isnt a common supermarket variety.
Mark
Cincinnati