[nafex] Elderberry Cuttings

Dan Nave nave1 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 21:07:55 EST 2012

I had ordered  six elderberry cuttings from Elderberry Life, two each of Wyldwood 1 and 2, and  Bob
Gordon.

They just mailed them to me and the instructions imply that I should root them in water and plant in
soil, then outside when danger of frost is past, or just in soil and then outside.  I put them in
the refrigerator temporarily.

My question is, does it seem reasonable to start them like this so early?  I would have to do it
inside or course, we aren't past the danger of frost until Mother's day (middle of May) and it was
10F below zero night before last...

Dan