[nafex] Fw: Free New Grafters Manual

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 11:36:30 EST 2012

In a message dated 1/20/2012 11:28:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jlfrisk at iowatelecom.net writes:

> Isn't the banana graft also called the "Four flap graft"?  I saw it
> recommended especially for nut trees such as pecan.  Judson L. Frisk

Yes it is and can be done as a 5 flap. About 3 years ago I demonstrated it
at an Indiana Nut Growers grafting meeting butter nut on black walnut. I
screwed up the match by shaving off too much and told everyone my mistake. It
took anyway. Fred Blankenship, Kentucky Nut Growers hickory expert uses it as
his favorite for hickory. He and I highly recommend it for hardwood
grafting.

Jerry