[nafex ibiblio list] Correction: Buffaloberries (Shepherdia spp.) appropriate for warmer regions?

Steven Covacci filtertitle at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 06:39:15 EST 2012

Group:
In an earlier response post, I recommended buffaloberries (Shepherdia spp.) as a great native alternative to the highly invasive alien exotic Autumn-olive (Elaeagnus umbellata).  I stated that it was, however, only appropriate for colder regions.  After looking at the USDA ranges for both species of native Shepherdia, it looks like it ranges well into the warmer zones, albeit usually in arid regions.  I can't be sure, but it looks like it should do well in most places.  Any ideas?

Steve; NJ