[nafex ibiblio list] Apricots (and sour-cherry) best in morning-only sun?

david liezen chandos49 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:40:57 EST 2012

Steve,Here in the sunny inland NW I know of an apricot tree that stands on the north of a house. The lower half is shaded from mid-day sun. Fruit is juicy, but nearly impossible to pick, since the tree's never been pruned. Whatever fruit I've gathered from it was within reach from the ground. Several places  I have read that the sort of pie cherry I have out back - English Morello - is tolerant of partial shade. It also does well with plenty of sun, as it is in the sunniest spot in my yard. Pie cherries of all kinds are hardier, less prone to diseases and smaller than sweet cherries. Enjoy that Evans/Bali.
Dave Liezen