[nafex ibiblio list] Apricots (and sour-cherry) best in morning-only sun?

Steven Covacci filtertitle at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 22:13:03 EST 2012

Group:
In the northeast, are apricots best growing in a position receiving full-morning sun, but being block from sun from the south?
I read an old text which states that apricots exposed to the full heat and light exposure of the afternoon sun will, as a result,
produce dry-pasty fruit and benefit from being shaded from constant southern exposure.  I this valid information?
Will 'Evans/Bali' Cherry do well receiving only morning sun?  I read that sour-cherries, like European plum, are pretty shade-tollerant comparatively.

Thanks,
Steve; NJ 6b/7a