[nafex ibiblio list] Autumn Olive

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Mon Jan 9 17:29:58 EST 2012

While we're on autumn olives, I may have asked this before but I'm
wondering about self-fruitfulness. I have an autumn olive that is at
least 10 years old and has never had fruit (maybe it had one, once). I'm
at 7000 ft in NM. I suppose either it is having its flowers killed by
late frost or else it may need a second tree. In most areas with autumn
olive there are wild trees all over the place to provide pollen. Not
here. I tried to grow a second tree but it died.  Does anyone have any
insights?

Also, what about Shepherdia? It seems really close to autumn olive. I'm
wondering if Shepherdia might fruit where autumn olive has failed.  Ideas??

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
800-353-4898 day or eve, 7 days
(In NM, 505-281-0684)