[nafex ibiblio list] Eleagnus umbellata, Autumn Olive - interested in sources for seedlings of this plant

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 7 12:36:46 EST 2012

On 1/7/2012 11:13 AM, Dr. Chiranjit Parmar wrote:
> In India Elaeagnus umbellata fruits ripen in May.  If you are not able to
> get seedlings now, please write me in the beginning of May and I shall get
> some seeds for you.
>
> There is a chapter on this fruit in Fruitipedia at the following link:
>
>      http://www.fruitipedia.com/ghain-elagnus%20umbellata.htm

Thanks for the generous offer Chiranjit. The specimen shown in the
Fruitipedia looks exactly like the plant I have on my property.
I was wonder if the one in this picture:
http://www.sierrapotomac.org/W_Needham/Pictures/AutumnOlive_Massanutten%20South_10-09-04.jpg
is a regional variation or a different variety of eleagnus.
I have never seen that one in my area.

Thanks again.

Lawrence