[nafex] Pin Cherry question

R F Hollaus hollaus at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 00:26:54 EST 2012

Jay is correct:
The only frosty conditions that can effect the ones at the
university are ones that occur way before they open.

The area is also in full sun and there is always a nice 55 degree
day that native bees are in full force during this time and it is
never windy that time of year.

>From one of the university trees I made one good graft to sweet
cherry roots and then moved it to SW Washington. I had to move the
tree to Cle Elum WA where there was snow each winter to get any
fruit set from the flowers. I also had to cross with pollen of
another pin cherry.

Another one that is a single yard tree away from the university
enough that it is impossible bees are crossing fruit only slightly.

Rupert.