[nafex] Pine-nuts for the northeast; including P. pumilla

Steven Covacci filtertitle at aol.com
Fri Dec 7 21:42:10 EST 2012

Hi,
I'm looking to select a type of cultivated pine-nut appropriate for zone 6b - Northeast.  I'm actually thinking of Pinus pumilla (dwarf Siberian pine); although it's not self-fertile, I read that the seed is reasonably large - and I like that it's a dwarf tree - i'd rather plant 2 of these than a large (self-fertile) tree of a different species, if it's a good seed.
Any good recommendations of self-fertile trees, in case this is not the best solution?  I know nearly nothing about non-native pine trees.
Thanks,
Steve; NJ