[nafex] apple tree for southern Indiana

Lucky Pittman lpittman at murraystate.edu
Fri Dec 7 15:29:47 EST 2012

Jerry,
Don't know whether it fits your needs, but I wouldn't be without MonArk - a
UofArk release; productive, fabulous fruit quality for an early season apple
- usually ripe early to mid-July here.  Big red-over-green round apple, with
firm, tart, white flesh.  Good for eating out of hand, excellent for
cooking, drying.  And, unlike most early apples, will hold under
refrigeration for 6-8 wks before going mealy.
Extended harvest - begins dropping well-sized, but poorly colored(still
tasty!) fruits well before the main crop; requires multiple pickings or, in
commercial settings,  stop-drop applications.  Seems to have good disease
resistance here.

Lucky Pittman
Hopkinsville, KY