[nafex] Evans cherries

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 03:16:49 EDT 2012

I was picking Evan's cherries at Barb's again yesterday... after picking another 8 gallons of the ripest, darkest cherries from the top of the tree (much standing on the top of a ladder!) after yet another day in the 30's with yet another thunderstorm at night, I threw out about 6 cherries that had brown rot on them.  No bird damage either which is a bit surprising since the birds ate all her Saskatoons just a few weeks ago.  But the yellow wasps were out in full force eating those dark tasty cherries from the top of the tree, didn't think I would make it thru picking without getting stung!

Sarah