[nafex] 'Black Pearl Thornless' blackberry source?

Melissa Kacalanos mijwiz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 11:34:57 EDT 2012

Scott,

I consider any plant hardy here unless I've killed it myself at least twice, so I'm not ruling out 'Black Pearl' yet. I've been surprised that some herbs that aren't supposed to be hardy here, which I was planning on growing as annuals, overwintered just fine.

I guess I'll order 'Black Diamond' as a substitute, but the official description of it from the USDA says it's less delicious than 'Black Pearl.'

Thanks for your generous offer of other plants in fall. What varieties do you have? I have plants to trade if you like. I'm overrun with strawberries, for instance, and also have lots of tasty herbs.

Melissa