[nafex] Pruning a Parker pear

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 01:42:46 EDT 2012

Here is a link to a recent picture of my Parker pear tree:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2dd10b3127cceffeb1287472e00000030O03AaNmrJi4ZA9vPgQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

  That is the top of the tree that must be about 20 feet tall. Often, I
try to pull off the water sprouts as they form. Obviously I didn't get
that done last summer. The next section farther down is at least as bad
but I couldn't get the sky behind that part for a picture.
Of course, it hasn't been very productive yet with all that energy going
into shoot growth. I'll be working on it in a couple of weeks. In the
mean time, if anyone has any words of wisdom, feel free to speak up.

Steve (in the Adirondacks)