[NAFEX] maybe a "malicious" message?

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 29 20:57:37 EDT 2011

On 9/29/2011 11:20 AM, Idell Weydemeyer wrote:

> I received a message that said  I must re-subscribe to NAFEX but as I have
> had some messages lately from some individuals that have had their e-mail
> taken over (mostly LinkedIn messages requests to be added), I looked at the
> set up for NAFEX at this  http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex.

It could have been from NAFEX itself but would absolutely not be a
system message from the list; once subscribed, always subscribed until
you leave the list. I would be very wary of suspicious messages these
days and do not click on any link contain in them unless you are 100%
sure that is it from a recognized and trusted source; of  course hacked
accounts using people's email addressbooks to propagate viruses into
lists and to individuals is common these days. The virus containing
lists in hacked email is usually pretty easy to spot. I highly recommend
using GMail and Thunderbird for email. If, GMail, then nothing is on
your home computer.

LL