[NAFEX] Actinidia kolomikta seeds

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 23 08:13:54 EDT 2011

  Will actinidia kolomikta grow true from seed? I didn't have the best
season with my vines but they did get some abuse (I want to movve them
next year so I wasn't too encouraging this year). Some fruit dropped
before I could collect them and I dried the seeds. But I was wondering
what kind of results I would get if I planted them up next spring. Is
there some way to identify a female plant early on ?( I already have a
very healthy male and would just like some more females).

Incidentally, previously I posted that my September Sun produced fruit
of about one and a quarter inches long. Well I would say this was not an
ideal year for my kiwis given the very long and cold spring we had and
they still got to 1 inch long. And this time I have the photo evidence
to prove it!

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC