[NAFEX] FW: 4th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival

Brungardt, Sam (MPCA) sam.brungardt at state.mn.us
Fri Sep 16 11:17:40 EDT 2011

Subject: FW: 4th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival

 From: andrew at sawmillhollow.com
 To: sam739is at hotmail.com
 Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:07:34 -0400

 4th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival: A Superfruit Revival
 September 17 and 18
 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

 For the Family
 In the heart of the Loess Hills, just minutes from downtown Omaha, surrounded by a naturally spring fed lake, this year's festival features over twenty artisans from the Loess Hills; aronia berry cooking and smoothie samplings, speakers, live music, dietitians and health professionals, wine tastings, farming and gardening with Aronia (Aronia plants and Products are available); and includes a Demonstration Aronia Berry Harvest!

 Plenty of kids' activities
 On the hour every hour featuring: "Farm Safety 4 Just Kids," conservation, culinary, nature, activities and more!

 Festival Goers
 True to the harvest celebration will have the opportunity to experience part of this year's actual aronia berry harvest, enjoy a complete Aronia Berry BBQ themed cookout, and participate in a recipe challenge, as well as a karaoke event dubbed by organizers as "Aronia Idol."

 WHERE
 Site of the First Aronia Berry Farm in the Country in Missouri Valley, Iowa: The Aronia Berry Capital of the United States.

 WHEN
 September 17th and 18th, 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

 For complete Information visit: http://sawmillhollow.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bfe48a34765a5cde911455ee2&id=87838c7c5e&e=392f4def4a

 Driving Directions to 2159 Kennedy Ave., Missouri Valley, IA 51555 (Refer to Driving Directions Listed Below)

 From Omaha Area: Drive To Blair Nebraska (highway 75), Turn Right onto US-30 East, Turn left onto North 1st Street CR-L 20 continue to follow CR-L-20, take a right on to L-23, turn left onto Kennedy Ave.

 From Council Bluffs Area: Old Lincoln Highway, to Missouri Valley, Turn left on Main Street, Turn Right onto North 1st St Cr-L 20 continue to follow CR-L-20), take a right on to L-23, turn left onto Kennedy Ave.

 From Sioux City Area: Take I-29 South to Mondamin, take the 1 A- 127 exit, Exit 89, toward Mondamin. Turn left on to IA-127 Follow to Magnolia, then turn right on L-23/Laredo Drive, follow Laredo 2 1/2 miles towards the bottom of a hill turn right onto Kennedy Ave.

 From Des Moines Area- I-235 W becomes 80 W, Merge onto I-680 W via Exit 27 Toward North Omaha/ Sioux City, Merge onto I-29 North exit 13 B toward Sioux City, Exit 75 Right, Merge Right US-30 East, Turn left onto North 1st Street CR-L 20 continue to follow CR-L-20, take a right on to L-23, turn left onto Kennedy Ave.