[NAFEX] Seckel pear flavor

Judson Frisk jlfrisk at iowatelecom.net
Thu Sep 15 12:45:52 EDT 2011

I don't have Comice but do have a Seckel pear.  It does have a very good
flavor once it has softened.  I dehydrate most of my pears for snacks and
find it a very flavorful dried pear but it does take a lot of those little
pears to fill a dehydrator.  I also have a Warren pear and a Maxine pear
which have larger pears but don't set on a good annual crop like Seckel
does.   Judson L. Frisk SW Iowa zone 5.
The Warren pear took about 10 years before I got any crop.