[NAFEX] Pear recommendations for a single home tree?

Sherlock Terry sherlocksmith at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 10:10:11 EDT 2011

Clapp's Favorite is pretty common around here (central VT). It is even
grown commercially low spray by few local orchards which makes me
think it is productive and possibly easy to manage. I think it is a
good pear for fresh eating, but I'm not a pear aficionado. It can be
pretty good sized (larger than the other local pears I've been seeing)
and it has relatively few grit cells.

-Sherlock