[NAFEX] OT - Zuchinni pollenation

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 12 14:26:01 EDT 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 2:10 PM, Caren Kirk wrote:

> The variety I planted is a italian striped zucchini (striato di
> Napoli), as I used to plant this 4 years or so ago and get huge crops

Well, so much for my best theories. If it's the same variety that did
well for you before, obviously the variety isn't the problem. And if
you only have male flowers, then suggesting hand pollination won't
help a bit.

At least, not unless there's something wrong with this year's seed.
You could contact the company you bought the seed from, and ask them
whether they've had any similar complaints. Beyond that, I have no
guess; other than the very vague "maybe it's something to do with this
year's weird weather, which has been differently weird in different
places but weird in some fashion about everywhere".