[NAFEX] OT - Zuchinni pollenation

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 12 14:10:33 EDT 2011

  I did plant the zucchini a little later than normal ( I am trying
really hard to get 2 season of crops out of my garden and it's tough up
here, specially with a late spring). However they have been flowering
for about 3 and half weeks easily so don't know when the female flowers
are going to show up, if ever. And last year they were in the ground
much earlier and I never got anything either. The variety I planted is a
italian striped zucchini (striato di Napoli), as I used to plant this 4
years or so ago and get huge crops (they are great because if they get
too big they are still good to eat).

Anyway we'll see how the blossoms turn out tonight for appetizer!

Thanks for your help,

Caren.