[NAFEX] OT - Zuchinni pollenation

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun Sep 11 21:09:04 EDT 2011

How long ago did you seed them? What variety did you use? How long
have they been flowering?

As Ernest said, male-only flowers are normal at the start of flowering
for cucurbits; but female flowers should be along within a week or two
from the beginning of flowering. It's possible that you have a variety
not suited for your area in some fashion. I don't know, offhand, what
would cause male-only flowers to continue so late in the season,
unless you started the plants quite late and they haven't been
flowering long.

By the way, most varieties of tomatoes, eggplant, and beans don't need
insect pollination; and there are a few varieties of cucumbers which
don't either, though most cucumbers do.

Yes, you can definitely eat squash blossoms. May as well get something
out of them!