[NAFEX] apple tree with fireblight

colleendaly at videotron.ca colleendaly at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 9 20:02:15 EDT 2011

	Hi,

		It certainly looks like "classic" fireblight to me. The variety is Egremont Russet.
	The tree is kind of squeezed in between a Mont-Royal plum and a Pomme Grise apple.
	Would the lack of air circulation contribute to fire-blight?

	Fortunately, I grafted some scions from this tree this spring but now I am wondering if the scions
	could be harbouring the disease or does it not work like that for fire-blight? Also, the tree
	is a poor producer of apples (quantity-wise) so perhaps eradication is the answer.

					Sincerely,
		                                 Peter Drevniok, Gatineau, QC zone 5