[NAFEX] Field testing apples for potential use in cider

Alan Yelvington alany at semparpac.org
Sat Sep 3 21:38:00 EDT 2011

I've decided to take my scrumping efforts to
a new level and add some quantitative tests
to my qualitative "take a bite" scrumping test.

I'm now checking fruit ripeness, pH, and
sugar level.  What I want to do is catalog
local "wild" trees for my scrumpy efforts and
get a better idea of which ones are worth the
trouble to travel to and harvest from.

I've put some photos on my Facebook account
to share with all of you, and I'm interested
if any of you are doing similar "auditioning"
of scrumpy candidates.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2124109817268.2118119.1081556789&l=af4c85bb2f&type=1

Al Yelvington
Happy Dog Farm