[NAFEX] Robins and Evans Cherries/ beads as decoys

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Sat Jul 30 09:48:33 EDT 2011

James Erdman wrote, "I had some copper wire that fit the hole in the beads
and I flattened the end of the piece of wire so the bead was stuck on the
wire, then put them on the tree with a couple of turns around the limb."

    If you do several turns of the wire around the limb, the wire may not
loosen as limb diameter grows and you'll need to redo each bead every year
or so.  I use a three quarter turn of wire so it expands as the limb
expands.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street