[NAFEX] guavas

athagan at atlantic.net athagan at atlantic.net
Fri Jul 29 11:51:40 EDT 2011

Even here in Florida guava jam/jelly can be expensive in the stores
and here in North Florida sometime hard to find.  But blocks or cans
of guava "paste" are easier to come by.  I have found that by cutting
the paste into cubes, nuking it in the microwave with some water, then
stirring to a smooth consistency it makes a pretty good, nicely
flavored jam.  It will set up again once it cools down.  You'll have
to experiment to determine how much water to use.  I like mine just
thin enough to spread easily.

It's too bad they won't take a freeze otherwise I'd have a few out in
the yard.