[NAFEX] guavas

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 29 11:12:50 EDT 2011

  My mother is from South America but now lives in Florida. She adores
guava jam and buys a brand from Brazil from her local grocery. Last time
she went to get some they didn't have any more, they only had a new
brand made in the US. She bought some but said it tasted nothing like
the jam she's used to. More like a run-of-the mill jelly.

I think it's really a different style altogether, but I know the fruit
flavour of the South American jam is very intense. As with everything,
it'a a question of taste.

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC