[NAFEX] Peach bark damage

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Mon Jul 25 19:34:08 EDT 2011

Folks,

Our peach tree has some damage on the top surface of one of its lateral
branches. It's about a 3 inch section where the bark is gone. It almost
looks like it has crumbled away (sun damage?) I don't see any insect
holes. There are lots of ants on the tree. This is a tree that has
experienced a lot of decline in the last few years, though it's only
maybe 10 or 12 years old. A lot of the top has died and I've pruned it back.

A couple years ago there was some serious damage to the bark on one side
of the trunk - about a 10 inch section where the bark was destroyed.
Right now there is also a small patch of new damage on the trunk, maybe
a 2 inch section where the bark is gone.

Any ideas what's happening?  Thanks.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days