[NAFEX] guavas

Bob Randall YearRoundGardening at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 15:03:56 EDT 2011

There is a lot of variation in guavas. Here in Houston, in the warmest
places, they are just barely growable outside. The last two years my
Barbie Pink Guava had low 20's and just barely survived despite major
freeze protection. But in the four years before that, it handled the
30 degree lows easily. Also, Barbie Pink was not only one of the best
guavas I have ever eaten, but one of the best fruits.  Certainly worth
the bother of freeze protection if I get some fruit once in awhile.

Bob Randall