[NAFEX] Off topic: What flower is this

Evan kodama at riseup.net
Wed Jul 13 07:35:01 EDT 2011

I ate a flower of this one the other day. Very small, but sweet. I can imagine gathering a couple handful of flowers would make an excellent addition to a salad. If I found it in abundance, I would throw it in my water for the day much as I like to do with rose petals and honeysuckle when I come across them. Mmmm nectar.

I haven't tried the leaves of this one yet, but I imagine since I relish spiderwort leaves (same family: Commelinaceae) that dayflower's might be tasty too.

lovin' yer "weeds",
Evan