[NAFEX] pawpaw seedling transplant fail

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:20:10 EDT 2011

Just potted up 30 seedlings of John Gordon's mixed hardy pawpaws & all
but 6 suffered complete transplant shock & died.  The plants were
already hardened off before potting up.  Luckily I still have a quite
a few more tho I'm unsure of how to get a better success rate.  I was
thinking maybe putting them back in the greenhouse after they're
transplanted but the greenhouse is in the 85 - 90 F range the last few
weeks...  Maybe I need to wait for them to go dormant & pot up next
spring.

~mIEKAL