[nafex ibiblio list] Invitation to see pawpaws in Indiana.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 10:29:12 EST 2011

In a message dated 12/31/2011 9:59:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
qazingulaza at gmail.com writes:

> I'm assuming yours ripen on the tree. I'm curious how long the window
> of ripening is for you and which varieties ripen first.  The PA
> Goldens I have almost ripen in the middle of October.

Normally the time period for best pawpaws is second week of Sept to mid
Oct. Yes, they ripen on the trees. If you are wanting to compare named
varieties I'm not the best source. U of K, Frankfort, Dr. Kirk Pomnper is. My trees
are from my breeding and PA Golden is was not a pollen or egg source.

Jerry