[nafex ibiblio list] grape sprays for black rot

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Dec 26 19:07:09 EST 2011

Deb, propiconazole is never listed for black rot treatment so its a bit surprising that it worked for you.  I used copper for several years but it required 3-4 sprays and its not good for the soil to all add that copper.  I used Kocide 3000.  My guess of why the bordeaux was not working Jerry is you did not apply it often enough.  Now I just use one spray of myclobutanil around when the grapes are flowering and I get good enough control.  Myclobutanil (Nova, Eagle, etc brand names) is not organic but I feel it is less damaging than adding all that copper to the soil.

Scott z7 MD