[nafex ibiblio list] Question, why drop of member numbers

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 21 10:30:03 EST 2011

On 12/21/2011 10:20 AM, Road's End Farm wrote:

>    And we should remember that this list is not free to maintain: it
> takes Lawrence's time and ibiblio's servers and the power to run them.

ibiblio seems to be well funded and secure financially; I always worried
about this previously.

> Whether over the internet as a whole or on a case-by-case basis, a
> form of compensation for these things needs to be worked out;
> otherwise, we'll eventually be left with nothing but the advertising-
> ridden, often poorly-handled alternatives such as Yahoo.

Not to worry, especially about the yahoo option, keeping this list going
is a top priority for me as it is with my permaculture list. Its the
community that makes the difference and of course information.

LL