[nafex ibiblio list] Question, why drop of member numbers

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 21 10:20:50 EST 2011

I would add to that, that the sense of community available through the
old NAFEX newsletter is now better available through means such as
this list. Whereas before we could communicate a few times a year
through the newsletter, plus once a year in person for those who were
able to get to the meetings: now we can communicate daily if we feel
like it.

However, in gaining this we lose the members who are not online (and
shifting the print Pomona to the web made that problem much worse.)

  And we should remember that this list is not free to maintain: it
takes Lawrence's time and ibiblio's servers and the power to run them.
Whether over the internet as a whole or on a case-by-case basis, a
form of compensation for these things needs to be worked out;
otherwise, we'll eventually be left with nothing but the advertising-
ridden, often poorly-handled alternatives such as Yahoo.