[nafex ibiblio list] NAFEX fora

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 20 23:36:49 EST 2011

On 12/20/2011 9:11 PM, Claude Jolicoeur wrote:

> And as Rivka says, the Pomona printed journal has
> taken a lot of its material from the list - and
> as far as I recall, even issues not that old
> still used material from this list

For what its worth there are other forums where useful information may
be gleaned and used in publications. Here are fruit archives I put
together over the years, mostly back in the 1990's:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/orgfarm/fruit/
Among other documents this contains saved articles from two Usenet
newsgroups, sci.agriculture.fruit and alt.agriculture.fruit, when they
were active. There may be much useful material in this archive, all
viewable online or downloadable. This kind of thing used to be freely
distributed on the Internet often as arrays of FAQs. The Usenet
newsgroup archives will need to be downloaded and viewed with an ascii
text editor (wordpad, textpad or other). There's plenty of spam mixed in
with the good articles, unfortunately.

Here are samples of the content:

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/orgfarm/fruit/faqs/Dr.Razbys-berry-info/
	Dr.Razbys.Berry-News	19-Apr-1995 23:10	2.9K
	raspberry.faq	19-Apr-1995 23:08	 10K
	raspberry.growing+research	19-Apr-1995 23:09	4.5K
	wild-blueberry.faq	19-Apr-1995 23:08	 11K
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/orgfarm/fruit/faqs/
	Dr.Razbys-berry-info/	20-Apr-1995 00:59	 -
	Fruit-Newsgroup.draft-FAQ	15-Aug-1996 23:06	1.7K
	INDEX	23-Apr-1995 23:28	268
	The-Mighty-Lingonberry.by-R.E.Gough	03-Oct-1994 10:45	9.6K
	blueberry.faq	18-Jul-1994 13:29	6.0K
	currant-facts.RB	03-Nov-1999 21:58	 17K
	fruit-tree-grafting.faq.1-95	30-Jul-1993 21:59	5.1K
	fruit.tree.grafting.faq	09-Aug-1993 19:03	4.8K
	gardening-FAQs.txt	31-Oct-1999 16:08	6.5K
	rare-fruit.faq	01-Aug-1993 22:04	2.0K
	some-gardening-FAQs-on-the-Web	31-Oct-1999 16:08	4.3K
	tangerine-mandarin.faq	03-Mar-1994 13:11	 32K
	tangerine.faq	17-Feb-1993 11:11	4.4K
	tangerine.faq.new	23-Apr-1993 22:43	 18K