[nafex ibiblio list] NAFEX fora

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Tue Dec 20 21:11:17 EST 2011

Yes, this list has been for a long time connected to NAFEX.
And as Rivka says, the Pomona printed journal has
taken a lot of its material from the list - and
as far as I recall, even issues not that old
still used material from this list - the official
reason was that some NAFEX members were not
connected to internet and could not see what was going on on the internet.
Now, the reason why NAFEX decided to split from
this list is still is not very clear for me. I
think this might be one of those extremely bad
decisions that are sometimes taken, even in great
organisations, that turn out as disasters.
Maybe it is still time to back off?
I must say that NAFEX has given a lot to me - and
probably I have also given in return, this is
just a fair deal!  I have been a true (paying)
member since 1992, nearly 20 years... But I must
say the way things are going these days, with the
neverending existentialism questioning, is really
bugging me, to the point I might not renew my membership when time comes.
As of the forum on the NAFEX web site, I just
took a look at it, and I am afraid I will not go
again for the reasons David and others already
explained. It is simply not as convenient as this list.

Claude Jolicoeur