[nafex ibiblio list] NAFEX fora

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Tue Dec 20 13:16:57 EST 2011

What would be the benefit of yahoo?

I can tell you one problem with yahoo:  If you use a yahoo group they own all the content, and it's very hard to get it "out" again. That's why the archive came from my hard-drive and not from yahoo when the list moved.

By the way, the mailing list started somewhere else, and the somewhere else was purchased by yahoo. Yahoo was never a comfortable host for nafex.

If the goal is to restrict membership on this list to paid-up members of NAFEX, I believe that can be done on ibiblio. This appears to be an ordinary "mailman" mailing list. I have administered other mailman lists, and the list owner can screen members before allowing them to join, and can remove members at any time. I personally think it would be unwise to do that, but (Lawrence, correctme if I am wrong) that can be done without making any real changes to the list.
--
Ginda

Typed with Swype. Who knows what I intended to say?