[nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] NAFEX question

Erdman, James erdmanj at uwstout.edu
Mon Dec 19 10:53:55 EST 2011

I miss the paper Pomona.  I find that I don't follow forums that I have to log into, but can access email forums like this one much better.  To use the official NAFEX forum I have to remember my user name and password after remembering forum URL and finding the forum in the list on the homepage.  None of this is convenient to me, so I don't remember to look at the official forum unless I am reminded of it by a discussion such as this one.  I must have missed a discussion somewhere about the end of the paper hard copy Pomona, because the change caught me by surprise.  I renewd my membership because I thought I had missed an issue (which was a regular occurance due to no reminders of lapse of subscription), and then it turned out that the Pomona was only on-line--hard to find and difficult to read, too.

And should this be a world-wide organization or not?  It is the "North American" Fruit explorers, and even so I find a lot of discussion unrelated to what I can grow in northwestern Wisconsin.  A word-wide focus would mean even less information of interest to me, I think.  On the other hand, I would hate to see NAFEX disappear.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI