[nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] facebook - likes - fans

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun Dec 18 09:38:37 EST 2011

It may be unavoidable, but I'm concerned about NAFEX fragmenting into
a batch of separate groups, with little or no communication among them.

I don't think it's only because of my age that I'm not interested in
Facebook. I know a number of people under 40 who don't want to go
there either; in part because of the hassle involved in frequently
changing rules, privacy options, etc.

I have the uneasy feeling that we're going to wind up with some of the
NAFEX conversation on Facebook; some of it on Google+; some of it on
whatever social network comes along next (and then on whatever one
comes along after that, etc.); some of it on the forums; and some of
it on this list; while the fruit growers still not online, whether
because of connectivity problems or religious reasons, get dropped out
of the conversation entirely, to both their detriment and ours.

I don't see any way to prevent that happening. But I'm not happy about
it.