[NAFEX] NAFEX question

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 17 20:43:54 EST 2011

On 12/17/2011 12:14 PM, Jwlehman at aol.com wrote:

> Every subscriber of this free LISTSERV who elects not to pay for membership
> contributes to NAFEX decline. And every time we paying members answer
> questions on this net we also contribute to the end of NAFEX. This situation is
> the by product of the free information age similar to the US postal service
> demise.

There are 552 subscribers to this list. Many of them may not be Nafex
members but could be persuaded to join through interaction with others
in this forum and gleaning information useful to them while others may
have already joined NAFEX. THose thinking about joining should go ahead
and do so :-)The Nafex membership requirement for list subscription was
eliminated many years ago, maybe when the message archives were moved
from yahoo to ibiblio. I wonder how many of those joined Nafex after
gaining access to and using this forum?

The nafex, gardenwriters, permaculture, midfex and market-farming lists
hosted by ibiblio are valuable, if not priceless, world-class
communication and information resources with a global, appreciative,
audience; its signal-to-noise ratio is very high. The NAFEX organization
could reap great benefits, publicity, increased membership and financial
support from this list if it chose to do so. I could add promotional
material about NAFEX to the list homepage with links to an array of
resources at its website, especially the forum. There is a lot I could
do to help stabilize NAFEX through changes made and additions to this list.

To add to the Nafex list homepage:
1) NAFEX promotional material
2) Links to the NAFEX website, the NAFEX forum, membership information &
signup and other critical resources. I can add some of these links to
this list's message footer, i.e. the Nafex homepage URL, the forum page
and the new member signup and member login URLs.

If someone will send me this material I will make the necessary
additions immediately.

Lawrence London
co-owner Nafex list at ibiblio
lflj at bellsouth.net