[NAFEX] NAFEX question - Very sorry to see NAFEX in present stae.

sherwin sherwindu at att.net
Sat Dec 17 03:24:11 EST 2011

On 12/16/2011 9:20 PM, Dr. Chiranjit Parmar wrote:

  Dr. Parmat,

   I do not understand your concerns about Nafex reaching out to
   the world.  Anyone can join either the Ibiblio forum or the forum
   on the Nafex web site.  The Ibiblio forum does not require Nafex
   membership, so money there is not an issue.

   The only decline I see in Nafex is the poor participation on their
   web site forum.  For whatever reason, the Nafex members appear
   to prefer the Ibiblio email based forum.

    I am seeing the same conflict in my other club Midfex, where
    certain people want to replace our Ibiblio forum with a web
    site based one.  I am administrator of the Midfex forum and
    would like to see it continue, as has been done in Nafex.  I am
    seeking some kind of compromise, where there is a division
    between technical discussion and personal messaging.  The former
    for Ibiblio and the later for the web site.  It seems like people have
    definite preferences for one format or the other.  The Midfex
    people with heavy computer experience favor the web site, while
    others like the simplicity of emails on Ibiblio.  I am a retired
computer
    guy, but I don't like blogs, facebook, twitter, etc., and I find the
Ibiblio
    forums perfectly adequate.  It will be interesting to see how this all
    plays out.

                                Sherwin Dubren